Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bedroom, Before

Well, it's not totally "before", since I really cleaned it up and got all of the boxes that had been there since April out just last week.  That disaster would have been the true "before", but this is close enough. 


The piece of wood in front of the window is the soon-to-be headboard.  I have all of the supplies, I just need to assemble.  It's going to be your basic DIY padded headboard covered with grey Ikea fabric.  And yes, that is a dry erase board acting as a headboard right now, but it will go down to the garage when I make the new one.  


I'm hoping that grey curtains will dress up the long wall, as well as block the morning sun and the very bright street light across the street.  We have pull down accordian shades, but the transom above still lets in light.


The little stack by the dresser are the new sconces to go over the bed as well as more supplies for the headboard.  I feel like there needs to be some art over this dresser, but in the short term, the new baby's changing table with a shelf will be going here, probably, so I don't want to hang anything yet.  


Finally, here's my dresser and my little attempt at a vignette.  I don't like clutter (thus the fairly spare bedroom).  I have two jewelry boxes (and very little jewelry that I actually like and wear, it's all gifts and not to my taste, hmm) and my two favorite photos: one from my wedding day where Tuck and I are both laughing and city hall is behind us across the street and the other of me nursing Addy around her first Christmas when she was 3 1/2 months old.  Then there's the baby monitor and a small fan for when it's warm (which has been all of two times this summer.)  I'm probably going to move the table lamp that is currently next to my side of the bed over to this dresser when the sconces get mounted.  The poster is an Anselm Kiefer, an artist that Tuck and I really liked when we saw a lot of his stuff in Bilbao on our honeymoon.  This one is from SFMoMA, though, they didn't have a post of our favorite painting at the Guggenheim Bilbao.

Here's my weird mock-up from Polyvore, I'm working on getting it to show up in the blog, but I'm not there yet.

So, non-existent readers, any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment