Sunday, August 15, 2010

Maternity Clothes

In real life, I get most of my "maternity" clothes from places like H&M and Target because I really don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes I'm just going to wear for a few months.  The nice thing about H&M is that they have a lot of very long, drapey tops and sweaters that fit over the belly but work afterwards as well since they aren't actually maternity.  They also tend to be more fashion forward.  

I did splurge this time around on a pair of Maternal America skinny jeans.  The last time I was pregnant (just two years ago) you couldn't find a pair of non-bootcut or flare maternity jeans and I ended up with a pair of trouser cut with a full panel that cut into my belly at a weird point.  I didn't like them (even though I am wearing them occasionally again, but I roll down the waist band).  Anyway, the MAs are much nicer with the low panel.  

The thing I've really been looking for these days is some outer wear since it has been abnormally cold all summer and my trusty hoodie no longer zips up over my belly.  I've been tempted by She-bible, especially since their little store is right around the corner from my house.  These two are tempting, but kind of pricey.  I wonder if I could really work it, though.  Even though I've lived here for eight and a half years, I've yet to really master the Northern California relaxed sporty-stylish look.  I always feel sloppy and frumpy when I try.  

                           

On the other hand, these do look very cozy and would fit over my belly.  I'm so glad I don't get that big and can wear regular clothes for the whole nine months.  And I do need to work on developing a real coat/jacket wardrobe.  I'm always frustrated with my outer wear choices, but find it difficult to spend the money on good stuff that I would be happy with for more than one season.  Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment